Tuesday, March 2, 2010

spring walk with words 
I've endured more than 30 years of abuse in my life. From my father, from a former bishop, and from my ex-husband. I have finally broken free and am on the long and difficult road of healing. It's taken many years to get to this point in my life and I have a long way to go yet, but one thing I have learned, and am infinitely grateful for, is that Heavenly Father and the Savior will never force us to do anything. When They ask us to follow the commandments, we may feel forced, but They are not the ones forcing. It may be our own selves, or habits of the past. But They will never force us. When I found this scripture in Amos 3:3, it struck a very strong chord in my heart. "Can two walk together, except they be agreed?" We can't walk with the Lord or our Father unless we choose to, and that is our choice alone. How grateful I am that They have never taken my agency from me, or used it against me.

No comments:

Post a Comment